Thursday, December 8, 2011

I'm Not Dead...Really


Let's see...what's new in my fiscal and physical health journey. The good news is I'm learning to live a bit more in this new year.

Oct 28th I did the Spinx Half Marathon with my running pal Raina. She was coming back from an injury and I was returning from apathy. We did 1 minute intervals of run/walk and finished in almost the same time as our first half-marathon event back in April. Not back for being out of the groove.

On Black Friday, I FINALLY got to try my walking odyssey. Unfortunately, blisters formed between miles 5-10. They kept getting worse. I slowed way down, to about 3 mph. It took me 9 hours and 6 rest breaks to repair my feet, but I can say I officially finished a marathon. My blisters were as large as my heels when I finished, and my spirit and mind were ready to keep at it, but I decided it was for my highest good to stop at 26.2 miles. For a first attempt, I can live with that, and I didn't want any long-term injury issues. The next morning I was fine to walk the dog and two days later I was pain-free. Gotta love that quick recovery when the furthest I'd gone before that day was 15 miles.

My fiscal health hasn't improved as I hoped, but that's because my physical health priorities are changing. I'm going raw vegan as much as possible to help my digestion and to get as fit as possible inside and out (for always), so I bought an Excalibur dehydrator and a Ninja Professional Kitchen System (blender/processor combo...if you believe the hype). Loving both appliances and feeling much healthier, but the bank account isn't pretty.

Looking forward to 2012, and after watching week 12 of The Biggest Loser, I'm more determined than ever to finish a marathon in less than 5.5 hours.

What's new with you? Are you dreaming about 2012, too?

No comments:

Post a Comment