Friday, September 30, 2011

We've Got Goal

I did the math. If we earn a mere $1400 more per month than we currently earn, we will reach our goal. $200,000 of debt gone, with another $200,000 saved. This calculation doesn't take into account interest. Seeing that possibility was better than a light bulb moment. It was like seeing a lighthouse in a storm. Safety is on the horizon.

How can we earn that much more per month after taxes?
1. Sell stuff we have and don't use.
2. Upload all my stories and poems for sale through audio, video and print.
3. Get interest rate cuts in our outstanding debts.
4. Work extra hours, get bonuses, and raises.
5. Continue to take care of our home and sell it for a profit when the market warrants the sale.
6. Do freelance gigs.
7. Ask politely for donations to my blog? :-)
8. Sell my artwork.
9. Hold a fund raiser like PBS or NPR?
10. Find a rich benefactor who wants us to take over his/her business when he/she retires?

I know, I'm being a bit silly; nevertheless, I expect growing new income will start very slowly at first and build as we get better at saving, paying off debit, working on our physical fitness and stamina and putting sweat equity into our home. I know many will think I'm nuts, but I plan to keep playing the lottery and brainstorming every angle I can think of to earn this dough legally and efficiently.

Our dream can be our reality, in fewer years than I ever imagined. Today, my secret pal at work left me a little gift. It is a plaque that says, "Dreams come true if you believe." What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. Its all about having a plan when you have goals. Great job Mel, keep this going.

    ReplyDelete